Pay as you drive insurance, by KOBA.
KOBA Insurance is an Australian start-up aiming to revolutionise car insurance. Using cutting edge technology, KOBA offers a pay-per-km car insurance policy, meaning potential savings for those who don't drive a whole lot each month.
How KOBA’s car insurance works
KOBA’s car insurance policy is a data-driven, real-time comprehensive car insurance policy. To track how far you drive each month, KOBA will send you the ‘KOBA Rider’ telematics device, which is to be plugged into the OBD-II (On-Board Diagnostics) port in your car. The device is free and fits most cars on the Vyro platform (see eligible cars). This will allow the device to be plugged directly into your onboard computer and track the number of kilometres you drive.
How will I be charged?
Pay an upfront fixed cost to cover your car while parked for the year, and a few cents per km you drive.
Why buy KOBA insurance through Vyro?
For a limited time only, Vyro is offering to cover the Upfront Fixed Cost for 12 months*.
- Limited offerOnly available for cars purchased through Vyro before April 2022.
- Up to $1,000We'll reimburse you up to a maximum of $1,000.
* The Upfront Fixed Cost includes the Fixed Premium and KOBA Admin fee.
Sign up to KOBA today
- Get a quote & sign upClick the button below to get a quote and sign up today.
- Send us a copy of your tax invoiceOnce you're all signed up, send a copy of your KOBA tax invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We'll reimburse youWe'll reimburse you the upfront fixed cost within 2 business days of receiving your receipt. The transfer may take a little longer to reach your account.
This insurance is issued by KOBA Insurance Pty Ltd, ABN 33 642 789 286 | AR 001288655 (KOBA), on behalf of the insurer, Eric Insurance Limited ABN 18 009 129 793 | AFSL 238279 (eric). KOBA acts as an agent of eric and not on your behalf. Any advice provided on this site is general advice only and does not take into account your individual needs, objectives or financial situation. Terms, limits, conditions and exclusions apply. Before making a decision, you should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement & Financial Services Guide (PDS & FSG), and the Target Market Determination (TMD), which are available at kobainsurance.com.au to help you decide if the product is right for you. If you purchase a policy, KOBA receives a commission, which is a percentage of your premium, and may be entitled to a profit share if certain thresholds are met in agreed periods. Please ask us for more details.