Are you looking to sell your car in New South Wales? If so, there are a few things you should know before you go through with the sale. In this blog post, we'll outline 10 of the most important things to keep in mind when selling your car in NSW. By knowing what to expect, you can ensure that the process goes as smoothly as possible. So without further ado, let's get started!
Before you sell
- Get your car in the best condition it can be in. Wash it, remove any rubbish, and consider getting it professionally detailed.
- Take the best photos you can. Photograph everything, including any damages and consider showing a ruler in the photo for any damage that is difficult to gauge the size of (e.g. a small scratch).
- Know how much your car is worth. You can research other car sales online, or use Vyro's trade in service to get an instant valuation.
Once you've sold
- You must have a current driver's license from NSW. It's also important that the purchaser provides you with a copy of their licence.
- You must tell the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) that you sold the car within 14 days. You can do this by completing a Notice of Disposal online (this part is actually much easier than it sounds!).
- You must give the buyer a valid proof of purchase, such as a receipt or invoice. Create a free invoice online here.
- Remove your eTag (if you have one) and make sure to notify your provider (most drivers use Linkt).
- You must notify your insurance company that you have sold the vehicle and cancel your insurance policy. Most insurance providers will provide you with a refund for any un-used coverage.
- You must pay any outstanding fines and tolls.
If you're selling a car in New South Wales, there are a few things you need to know. From understanding the transfer of registration process to learning about the cooling-off period, this blog post has covered ten important points to help make your sale go smoothly. And when you're ready to sell, be sure to check out Vyro for our free instant trade in service - we'll give you an instant quote and can have the whole process done in under 24 hours. So whether you're selling your first car or upgrading to something new, we hope this blog post has been helpful!